More resources than ever in 2013!
Resources distributed to 81 registered events in AHWW 2013:
27,000 A5 consumer brochure - sold out! (download a copy below)
2600 A3 promotional poster
5000 orange tote bags
And check out the great downloadable resources below...
Resources for young women aged 18 - 25
Alcohol & Obesity - the facts information for young women from the Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education
Weight loss tips for young women, including an eating plan and recipes
- Practical and easy to follow guidelines on how you can meet you daily iron needs
- A practical guide to preparing, shopping and cooking healthy and enjoyable meals
Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Below are links to existing useful resources. DAA's Indigenous Interest Group will develop further resources for AHWW 2013 so keep an eye on the website for these.
Deadly Healthy Cooking - ideas for healthy cooking for your family - developed by DAA's Indigenous Nutrition Interest Group
Keep your food safe from germs - food hygene suggestions - developed by DAA's Indigenous Nutrition Interest Group
What does a food label tell us - reading a food label - developed by DAA's Indigenous Nutrition Interest Group
What to Eat - Staying healthy for you and your family
Living Strong - A healthy lifestyle program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
A Healthy Life - IBIS Healthy lifestyle guide
Healthy Tucker Card - Business card size, full colour. Compare foods and drinks based on their nutrition information panel located on the label. Helps compare total fat, saturated fat, sugar and sodium (salt), using the traffic light guide to healthy eating, and make healthier choices.
'How to Use' the Healthy Tucker Card - A4 size, full colour, laminated. This guide explains how to use the Healthy Tucker Card when comparing food labels.
Weight management tools & resources
Promote your AHWW event.
A practical resource full of healthy eating information and tips
- Keep on track with this handy daily record.
- Aim to keep a record for a week then take it to an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised feedback.
- AHWW food and activity record instructions.
- This will help you measure changes and keep on top of your goals. It can help you see just how far you have come!
- Check out strategies to help keep you on track for information and tips that will help you use this chart
Plan your meals before you shop - save money and leave those unwanted items on the shelves
- websites to help you eat better and move more
Promotional poster templates and menu suggestions
Enter details of your event into the templates below and place them up to promote your event!
Adapt these menu suggestions to suit your event!
AHWW healthy BBQ menu suggestions